Requisit Respite

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Crocheting is my OCD

I cannot watch TV without crocheting.  I guess I think it's just a waste of good time that can be spent by using my hands.  I love it when someone sends me a picture of their child in one of my crocheted creations.  That's little David Schlesser modeling his giraffe hat.  I can't believe Kristen actually had a giraffe outfit for him to wear.  How cute!
I love to make the cocoons.  It's the newest thing now.  I have one pattern, but I was able to figure out how to make other types.

The first one I tried was Three Peas in a Pod.  From there I just kept thinking up new designs.

And Beth Hoff dressed her son, Sullivan, in the Three Peas in a Pod cocoon I crocheted for him.  She was gracious enough to take a picture.  How cute!

 
It's wonderful to see photos such as this one of Ella Jackson wrapped in the pink afghan I made for her before she was born.  I'd love to have a shot of her in the pumpkin hat I just sent her.  I keep forgetting to ask the mothers if they would take a picture.


The cocoon thing is just too cute.  I have only given them away to Abington Hospital NICU, but I need to find another outlet for my crochet addiction.  I'm thinking Primary Children's Hospital.

Maybe they would like a lamb...or two?
...or three?
This cute guy ended up in a craft contest
for Jo-Ann Fabrics.  Wouldn't it be great if I would win?

The prize is a $1,500 gift card to Jo-Ann Fabrics.  That would last me about....six weeks?  haha!  If I win, a $50,000 prize will be given to my charity of choice, which, out of the list I was given, a Preemie charity (can't remember the name) out of NY best fit with my craft.  Wouldn't that be wonderful for them?

Well...on to more yarn...and more yarn...and more yarn...

No comments: