Requisit Respite

Friday, November 12, 2010

I Will Never Tire of the Mountains

 I have been working a temp job for Merit Medical in South Jordan, UT and, I lucked out, in that it's only a 10 minute drive from Sandy, where I'm staying right now.  So, today, I stopped in at the local Home Depot to buy an electric heater and, as I walked out into the parking lot, I just had to pause.  Look at the scene from the parking lot.  Can one not pause?


The recent snow on the mountains, that has been happening almost every day, has left a pretty white spot that is brilliant.  It did not snow in the valley; just in the mountains. It was flurrying yesterday and the mountains were obscured by clouds.  You could almost see the snow falling up there.  This is the picture left by that falling.

It's a pretty straight shot from South Jordan to Sandy.  I just held up my phone as I was driving (slowly) to snap the beauty.  Just above the streak of clouds is a snow-covered peak, sticking its head up... (click on the photo to enlarge).


 Am I lucky, or what?  Warm autumn color blend with cool blues and whites of imminent winter. Again, in the shot below, I was searching for leaves on the grounds of the Jordan River Temple to take home to press...to keep...as a reminder of my first autumn in Utah.  As I looked up, I saw a mountain peak over the trees.

In the other direction was the temple; another majestic sight, coupled with a flag for impending Veteran's Day splendor.  The sun was exceedingly bright that day, as it is on most days.  'No lack of Vitamin D here.

I suppose one could say I am falling, truly, in love with Utah.  I am so lucky to be here.  Don't I know it?

No comments: