Requisit Respite

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I'm So Happy

I've discovered things that make me happy.
One is having my son live here.  He's so even.  He has patience.  He doesn't get mad at me.  He made me dinner tonight.  He's so thoughtful and helpful.  He put together a little table for me for my patio and helped me put a file system together for my new desk.  He said he likes living here, too.  That must mean I'm not too bad either.
Two is having gardens of flowers and vegetables.  I used to garden incessantly, but it's been quite a few years.  Of course, it was always so hot and humid, I couldn't stand to be outside for any length of time as I got older.  Here in Utah, the climate suits me.  I wake up and go outside and I'm out there until the sun goes down.  And it makes me happy!  Truly happy!
My front walk. This photo was taken at 9:00 at night!!!  It stays light here very long.

Side walk to the front door.  June 2011














Three is the dance group I just started going to.  It's called Old Glory Vintage Dancers.  It's like clogging light. We do quadrilles and rounds and squares and country dances and I find myself just smiling the whole time because it's so much fun!  It makes me happy.
I don't have a costume--yet!  But I hope to be able to participate in some of their gigs in the future. 
I just started, but it's so me!
And it makes me happy to dance.
Another thing that makes me happy is teaching the Sunbeams in church on Sunday.  I didn't think I'd like it because I am secluded, it seems, but the kids like me and it's not hard.  I just have to have enough pages for them to color.  And they love the little story books I put together for them.  They make me read them over and over and they get to color them.  I am happy there.
I thank my Heavenly Father every morning and every night for all the many blessings he has bestowed upon me this year.  My house needs a lot of love and attention, but Rome wasn't built in a day, and I'm not going to have all the glitches out of my house overnight.  I keep telling myself it's a work in progress, but I love it!
Now that summer is here, officially, I love the sunshine that is ever present here in Utah.  I love sunshine.  It makes me happy. And I love seeing the mountains every day.
I pray the Lord will continue to shower me with His tender mercies.
I am so thankful for all my friends and family, near and far away.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Susan, I love your Blog I havn't checked it out for a while, but I am always inspired with your writtings. I'm so happy for you and that you are loving Utah. Can't wait to see your home

Joanne said...

Susan I love your Blog and as usual your writting inspires me. I'm so happy for you and your new home.